Applying for Panama residency is wise for anyone looking to relocate, register vessels, or create bank accounts in Panama. Only a few places worldwide provide this level of benefits, flexibility, and straightforwardness. At Mata & Pitti, we provide legal services for companies and individuals worldwide. Here are the documents you need for Panama residency:
Application for Panama Residency
The first step of applying for permanent residency in Panama is filling out the application form. Read the document well to master the details needed to complete it well. Answer everything truthfully and completely.
You are required to provide these documents during the application process:
- Original passport
- Photocopy of the valid passport (Submit all pages plus the cover. Make sure they are notarized and authenticated by the Panamanian Consulate.)
- An affidavit that indicates your background
Our law firm will issue you a letter of responsibility, power of attorney, and immigration declaration form. We are a Panama-based company offering legal services for asset protection and international operations. Our team will make the application process smooth and transparent for you and all your dependents.
A background check includes but is not limited to:
- Social security number verification
- Criminal history search, which includes pending criminal charges, convictions, and judgments
- Predator registry and violent sexual offender search
Our law firm offers several options for acquiring a permanent residence visa in Panama. We are a globally-oriented firm with attorneys experienced in Panama’s maritime law, overseas legal services, and other legal concerns like trademarks and migration.
Medical Examination Report
A medical exam is necessary to be a permanent resident in Panama. All family members planning to relocate should complete the exam. A doctor authorized by the government will perform the tests.
This appointment is a routine meant to remove grounds for inadmissibility and for public safety for intending immigrants. The doctor will:
- Review your immunization records and medical history
- Perform alcohol and drug screening
- Administer tests for different illnesses and diseases
- Evaluate your mental and physical health
The purpose of a medical examination report is to show that you have no health condition that could make you ‘inadmissible’ to Panama.
Mata & Pitti can assist you in preparing for the status application. But you will be required to go for the exam alone. We offer good preparation tips to make the examination process less stressful to avoid cause for denial or delay of your residency application.
General Requirements and Documents
- Applications need to be made through a lawyer in Panama (we will refer you to the best).
- The minimum age is 18 years. Family members under 18 can apply as dependents of their guardians/parents.
- You will need to present all overseas documents to authorities in Panama. The Panamanian consulate and a Notary should authenticate the documents.
- Dependents should provide a marriage certificate. Bring birth certificates for children under 18.
- All visa applications require you to get an HIV test and health certificate in Panama.
Hire a Law Firm To Secure Panama Residency
At Mata & Pitti, we are ready to assist you whether you want help with trademark registrations, corporate services, migration, and more. Our firm has a team to guide you through the various legal procedures required to get a Panama residency.
We have the experience, dedication, and integrity to give you the assistance you need. Contact us today to learn about the legal services we provide from Panama.