Panama Trademark Registrations
Registering your trademark in Panama
Background as a trademark protection hub.
Due to its privileged geographical position and the existence of the Colon Free Zone since 1948, Panama has become a center of supply of financial services, import, export, and re-export of merchandise in the Western Hemisphere. For this reason, Panama has additionally become a strategic center for the registration of trademarks.
When a trademark is registered in Panama, its owner can trace any possible counterfeits and legally prevent it from being re-exported and launched into the markets through the Colon Free Zone.
A streamlined trademark registration process.
Regardless of nationality or domicile, any natural or juridical person may apply for trademark registration in Panama. Trademarks are granted for a period of 5 or 10 years and could be renewed for additional periods.
The trademark request shall be published only once in the Bulletin of Industrial Property. If within the sixty days following the publication, no claim is filed against it, then the trademark registration becomes official.
For a formal quotation, trademark availability researches, renewals, existing trademarks changes, or further information about Panama trademark registration procedures or trademark law, kindly contact our Panama trademark office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our attorneys will get back to you as soon as possible to guide you through the process of registering and protecting your product or service trademark in Panama.
Trademark registration time frame.
Approximately six months to obtain the official registration certificate; nevertheless, the trademark has been protected retroactively since the day of its application.
- Power of attorney. Power of Attorney granted by the trademark owner. (We will provide the draft). Signed in original, no certifications or legalizations required.
- Classification of product and services. Inform the classification number where the trademark would be registered, according to the International Classification of Trademarks for Products and Services.
- Trademark details. Samples images of the trademark or wording.
- Previous registration certificates | priority claim (optional). If the trademark is already registered in any other country; priority claim details and registration certificates of the country of origin (original or certified copy).
- Our firm requires the advance payment for the total costs and fees in advance in order to file the trademark registration.
Get in touch with us!
Advanced Tower, 1st Floor
Panama City, Panama
+507 264.5570 | 264.5931