For this reason, Panama has additionally become a strategic center for registration of trademarks due to the fact that when a trademark is registered in Panama, its owner is able to trace any possible counterfeits and can legally prevent it from being re-exported and launched into the market through the Colon Free Zone.
Any natural or juridical person, regardless of nationality or domicile, may apply for Panama trademark registration. Trademarks are granted for a period of 5 or 10 years and may be renewed for additional periods.
Requirements for a Trademark Registration
1. Power of Attorney granted by the trademark owner, which shall be subscribed before a Notary Public and authenticated by a Panamanian Consul or by Apostille (We can provide a draft).
2. If the trademark is owned by a corporation, we will require an authenticated copy of the incorporation certificate or document proving the existence of said corporation.
3. If the trademark was already registered in another country, Registration Certificate of the trademark in the country of origin, authenticated by Notary Public and legalized by the Panamanian consul at the place of issuance, or by Apostille.
4. Classification of products and services protected by the trademark, according to the International classification of Trademarks for Products and Services.
5. Trademark Sample (can be sent via email).
6. Our Firm requires the advance payment for the total costs and fees in advance in order to file the trademark registration.
Trademark Registration Procedure
The request of trademark shall be published only once in the Bulletin of Industrial Property and in the event that, within the sixty days following the publication no claim is filed against it, the registration of the trademark shall be made.
Registration Time Frame
Approximately 6 to 9 months in order to obtain the official registration certificate, nevertheless, the trademark is protected retroactively since the day of the application
Registration Cost & Fees
For a formal quotation or information about the trademark registration procedure, kindly contact us at email@example.com. An attorney from our Panama law firm will get back to you as soon as possible in order to guide you through the process of registering a Trademark in Panama, or anything else you need pertaining to a Panama offshore corporation.